- 2nd solo album by British composer Mathew Adkins.
- With the involvement and the contribution of sound materials by 66 of the world’s leading electronic music composers and sound artists. View the list of contributors at: https://electrocd.com/en/cat/imed_0898/notices/.
- A work created to celebrate the 60th anniversary of musique concrète and the pioneering work of Pierre Schaeffer.
- This large and ambitious collaborative project presents a unique cross-section of contemporary practice in sound art and brings together musicians from all around the globe.
- “The sounds have a smooth sophistication that contrasts hugely with the bumpy graininess of Schaeffer’s music, but Adkins still admires his pioneering experiments,” by Ivan Hewett in Telegraph.
- Adkins’s music has been awarded over 15 international prizes including the Stockholm Electronic Arts Award (Sweden), Grand Prize at Musica Nova (Prague, Czech Republic), and five prizes at the Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition (France).
- This album comes out on the label empreintes DIGITALes based in Montréal. Established 1990, this label is widely considered as the world leader in electroacoustics / acousmatics.
That composition would show how Pierre Schaeffer’s ideas were still important and relevant to today’s sound artists and composers who are working across a wide range of experimental electronic music. —Mathew Adkins